So I’m sure I’m not the only person who tends to do a lot of reflection on their birthday. It wasn’t until last night that I said out loud, “Holy crap I’ll be 26 tomorrow”. I’m definitely not saying that I’m old because I know I’m not…but there is a certain feeling you get when you start to reach your late twenties. You want to feel like you’ve gotten the best out of your “younger” years before you fully become an adult and “settle” down. At least I do. As I started to think about the things that I want to do and haven’t done yet, I told myself to focus on the positive. Focus not on what I hadn’t accomplished this year, but what I had accomplished this year. And since I have a blog it’s easy to look back and see just how much I’ve done over the course of a year.
- Tried my hand at making my own coasters.
- Attended the beautiful wedding of our friend’s Aubree and Chad.
- Attended my first blogger conference, Blogger Brilliance.
- Did the Walk to End Alzheimer’s.
- Joined my friend Karen’s Race for the Cure team.
- Took my first west coast trip and visited Portland and Seattle.
- Celebrated 5 years with my best friend.
- Went to my first hockey game.
- Saw Diana Ross live.
- Went to the Eckerd College Alumni Reunion weekend.
- Saw Anthony Bourdain and Eric Ripert live.
- Saw the Honda Grand Prix for the first time.
- Attended my first Renaissance Fair.
- Ran my 1st and 2nd 5k.
- Went into my 4th year with the Junior League.
- Put in some physical labor at Tampa Bay Watch.
- Saved a kitten’s life.
- Had a fun vaca in Key West.
- Started training for a 10k.
- Joined the planning committee for The Pier Aquarium’s Bait Nite.
- Joined Tampa Bay Lady Bloggers group and went to my first meetup.
- Started Beer with the Bard with The St. Petersburg Shakespeare Company.
- Finally got a puppy!
- Started a freelancing blogging gig with Articulate.
- Became a Yelp Elite member and attended my first Yelp event.
So after I looked at all of this, I’d say I’ve had a pretty fun and eventful year!