Hey all! Hope you’ve had a great start to your week, and to your November 🙂
I’ve certainly started off on the carb-a-ohlic foot. Breakfast was egg beater eggs on a small honey wheat bagel. Lunch was leftover pasta from last night.
And dinner was Taco Bus. I’ve been having a craving!
The Chef had his usual Lengua Torta and I had my usual Burrito with Cochinita Pibil. I also got us the Butternut Squash Centro, which was really good. Definitely got me in the Fall mood. But I think it was supposed to come with chips and there were no chips in the bag 😦 I’m so bad at checking my takeout boxes before I leave places. I’m just so hungry and glad it’s ready I rush right out of there!
Some Halloween candy for dessert 🙂
I love how all around the blogoshpere it seems that each month is a chance for new beginnings. It just so happens that this past week I created something I like to call my “happy list”. Truth is, after we got back from Portland I was feeling a bit down in the dumps. The stress of reality hit me so hard, it was really quite overwhelming. I finally decided to sit down and write out a list of what makes me happy and then figured out a list of things for me to accomplish each month. It’s my thought that accomplishing my goals each month of all the things that I love to do will make me happy 🙂
Here’s my list and I’ll revisit at the end of the month to see how I did.
1. See one show a month.
2. Read every night. (Alternate between pleasure book and educational book.)
3. Blog every day or every other day.
4. Start writing creatively again. (My mom suggested I write one sentence a day describing my day. I also have a friend who writes in a journal every morning. I’d like to try one of these and/or write poetry again.)
5. Go to two community events per month.
6. Volunteer at least once a month.
7. Go to arts related event once a month (exhibit, event or class).
8. Do one craft project a month.
9. Plan one date night per month.
10. See friends once per week.
11. Have outing with mom once a month.
Also, Tina is doing something this month where she’s saying what she’s thankful for each day. I’ve decided to follow along 🙂 Today, I’d like to say that I’m thankful for my body and it’s ability to allow me to live my everyday life.
Conversation Starter: Do you have a “happy list” that you follow?